School Counseling Services
The School Counseling department provides a comprehensive school counseling program that aligns with the American School Counselor Association national standards. Our mission is to guide students in the areas of academic growth, person/social development, and career/college readiness. Our department offers the skills necessary to support students as lifelong critical thinkers.
School Counselors Provide Support By:
- Advocating for students
- Communicating with students, parents, staff, and the school community
- Collaborating between the school and community stakeholders
- Connecting students with academic support
- Helping the student develop college and career readiness
- Supporting students personal and social development
- Coordinating referrals to support students at home and within school
- Promoting self-advocacy, problem solving skills, and creativity in students
WHY are we asking students to complete a daily Check-in?
- We want to establish a relationship and rapport with the students at the beginning of each and every day
- We want to know if a student has experienced or witnessed any traumatic events between the current day and the last time the student has been in school
- We want to be able to provide students with immediate resources depending on their need
- We want to create a socially and emotionally safe environment